- 18th April 2017
- Comments: 1 Comment
- Posted by: Beauty Works London
Laser Hair Removal – Painless and Permanent
Laser hair removal treatment was introduced 15 years ago and has significantly advanced in the past 8-10 years. It is a popular cosmetic procedure that gives you smooth and silky skin.
The process removes unwanted hair growth in various regions of the body without pain. This treatment is widely used and recognised as one of the best permanent hair reduction therapies.
The efficiency of the laser hair removal process is accepted by dermatologists and is practised in many clinics. A handy home laser device has also been launched for the people who do self-treatment although for best results professional machines at a clinic or spa are best.
What is the mechanism of laser light on the skin?
- An exposure of a fine ray of laser light on the skin targets the hair follicle and destroys it with minimal discomfort and thus helps in hair reduction. The laser light travels through the skin, attracted by the skin pigment in the hair shaft and hair follicle.
- Laser therapy is based on photo thermolysis in which the light is absorbed by pigmented areas. By frequent exposure to heat and energy from the laser light, the hair follicle gets impaired for stimulating the hair growth. With time, the hair follicle begins to fail, resulting in smoother skin.
What to expect from the laser hair removing treatment?
- There are a few initial procedures to be followed by the treatment. The physician advises the customer to trim or shave the hair in the area to be treated
- A cooling gel is applied on the treated area to prevent the heat generated during laser therapy
- The intensity of the laser beam is adjusted according to the colour, thickness and location of the hair to be treated
- If you started laser treatment then you must avoid sun exposure for six weeks before and after the treatment. Sunlight will affect the effectiveness of laser light and might bring some complication
- You will experience the changes after 4 weeks and the results depend on your skin tone and growth phase of the hair being treated. The treatment significantly reduces the hair growth and gives you the smoother appearance that you desire
Benefits of laser hair removal
- One of the great advantages of laser treatment is “it is a quick process”. For example, it will take just 20 minutes to remove hair in your underarms. This is not a time-consuming procedure like electrolysis treatment
- It is a painless cosmetic procedure
- It is an effective hair removing procedure in large areas like back and legs
- Most people have experienced long-lasting hair removal and even permanent hair reduction
Beauty Works provides laser treatment
We have trained and experienced cosmetologists who perform laser hair removal. They completely take care of your skin and helps you to feel beautiful producing a smooth skin tone that you will love it.
Visit our website www.beautyworkslondon.co.uk or call us on 020 8340 8069 for further details or to book an appointment in our Crouch End spa.